Roy Tremble Died : Know His Cause Of Death, Obituary and More

The gospel music industry has lost one of its greats. Roy Tremble, former member of the Cathedrals Quartet, passed away suddenly, leaving behind a legacy that will be fondly remembered by many. Tremble, known for his angelic tenor voice, was a key member of the Cathedrals Quartet in the 1970s and was instrumental in shaping

The gospel music industry has lost one of its greats. Roy Tremble, former member of the Cathedrals Quartet, passed away suddenly, leaving behind a legacy that will be fondly remembered by many. Tremble, known for his angelic tenor voice, was a key member of the Cathedrals Quartet in the 1970s and was instrumental in shaping the sound of gospel music during that era.

In this article, we take a moment to remember Roy Tremble, his contributions to the industry, and the legacy he left behind. Keep reading more..

Who was Roy Tremble?

Roy Tremble was born on February 4, 1949, in Madison, West Virginia. He was a natural-born singer who quickly realized he had a gift for music. He got his start singing in church, and eventually, he landed a job as a soloist for the Oak Ridge Boys, before joining the Cathedral Quartet. Tremble was a versatile musician, equally adept at singing baritone and tenor. But it was his unique tenor voice that became his hallmark, setting him apart from other singers of that era.

Tremble was a member of the Cathedral Quartet from 1971 to 1979. During his time with the group, he helped to shape their sound and contributed to some of their most popular albums, including “Welcome to Our World,” “Live in Atlanta,” and “The Prestigious Cathedral Quartet.” Tremble’s vocal range and smooth delivery were critical to the success of these albums, and they remain some of the most beloved gospel music recordings of all time.

D. Ann Bailey Wrote

Taken from Bryan Yvonne Hutson page this morning. Roy was definitely one of the good guys. I remember hearing ng him singing the first time when I was about 14. He was with the Lancers and singing at the Greer Baptist Campmeeting. Over the years he stayed at my home, ate at my table, sang at my church & many other churches in the upstate. The choir is filling fast!

Wow. Where do I start? I got the call at 7:30am that one of my heroes, one of my dear friends; Roy Tremble passed away this morning. I loved Roy Wayne and and George Amon Webster. When I joined “The Heartland Quartet”, Those two legends took me under their wings and along with Brent Fredricks, they taught this young kid how to conduct myself on a platform and continued loving me even after we stopped singing together. I was able to visit with him and Carolyn this past Sunday. We laughed, told stories, and I was able to pray with them before I left. I loved hearing Roy sing, especially “Alas, and did my Savior bleed..” The first time I heard him sing that, I said “THAT is quite possibly the most beautiful thing that I had ever heard.” I’m heartbroken. But I know that Roy is not struggling anymore. All the years that he spent singing about Jesus, he is RIGHT NOW, seeing Jesus and all the splendors of Heaven.
What a reunion! Please remember Miss Carolyn Tremble and Roy’s family in your prayers. ~Bryan

After leaving the Cathedrals Quartet in 1979, Tremble started the Brothers Trio with George Amon Webster and Lorne Matthews. The trio was a success, and they went on to record several albums together. Tremble continued to perform and record throughout his career, remaining an active voice in the gospel music scene even after retiring from full-time touring.

What was the cause of Roy Tremble death?

Roy Tremble passed away suddenly, and the cause of his death has not been made public. However, tributes quickly poured in from fans and fellow musicians, all of whom recognized Tremble’s impact on the industry and his unique talent. Robby Tremble, Roy’s son, took to social media to confirm his father’s passing and thank everyone for their kind words and support during this difficult time.

Friends Of Brian Hutson
I was able to stop and visit with my former singing buddy; the legendary Roy Tremble yesterday. (We were in “The Heartland Quartet” together.) He had a double hip replacement last week. He’s having issues with his leg and so he’s unable to stand to begin his rehab therapy. Please remember Roy and his precious wife; Carolyn, in your prayers.
This pic was taken in 2016. Thank you. Bryan

Roy Tremble Obituary

Roy Tremble was a legend in the gospel music industry, and his passing marks the end of an era. He was a gifted musician and an inspiration to countless other artists who came after him. His angelic tenor voice and unique style helped to shape the sound of gospel music in the 1970s and beyond. We will always remember Roy Tremble and the legacy he left behind.

People Shared Condolence On Social Media

Brian Fuson
Just heard this morning of the passing of Roy Tremble. Roy was a fine vocalist who sang with numerous groups throughout his career, such as the Weatherfords, The Jubilee Quartet, and later on with The Heartland Quartet, in addition to a long solo ministry. Tremble is most associated with The Cathedral Quartet, from his tenure in the group with the 70’s as their baritone/tenor. My introduction to Roy was from The Cathedrals Reunion concert in the 90’s, this was one of my favorite moments from that concert. A simple lyric, but some of the most profound truth ever penned to paper.
“Yesterday things were different,
Today they’re different again,
Jesus will never, never change,
Jesus is always the same.

one wrote

Two legendary tenors right there, both one-time members of the greatest all-time gospel quartet. RIP Roy Tremble. Incidentally last night on youtube I started watching The Cathedrals live, somewhere in 1987 post-Roy and pre-Ernie, intending to watch a couple of songs and was so enthralled I watched the entire hour-and-a-half concert. There has never been any musical group anywhere anytime that can match the majesty of the Cathedrals. God’s own singers.

ncG1vNJzZminqJyusb%2BNqKmgZ6Kkxm7A0Z6km6SVZA%3D%3D

Share!